Friday, April 20, 2007

Superstitious

All day long yesterday, my mind was focused on the date of one year ago. Last April 19, I was enjoying a lovely dinner at the Cork & Cleaver with my husband, babies kicking delightedly, when an unwelcome Bell's Palsy invited itself into our lives. It was the day that turned my lovely pregnancy into the start of what ended up becoming a very complicated pregnancy. It was the one day in my life where I can truly say that all hell broke loose.

Boy, we've come a long way!

I've never considered myself to be very superstitious, but yesterday, I kept wondering how the universe would right itself in my world to make up for the awfulness of April 19th a year earlier. I even thought about going to the same restaurant and ordering the same thing to see if that would be the magic to completely kill off the Bell's. It's still hanging on a bit - barely - but stubbornly, nonetheless. I kept waiting for an exciting phone call - or something wonderful to arrive the mail.

Turns out, my superstitions were justified. Though my Bell's Palsy didn't suddenly disappear, I did have several very wonderful experiences that I have to believe are not just random goodnesses.

I'll be starting a new writing project on Monday that should carry me through a few months. I found out within 24 hours of the initial meeting with the client. It looks like it has lots of room for taking it where I want, with no one to squash me. I'm excited about it! So, today I'm not going to "work." It will be my last free day of vacation for a while. I think I'll go get a facial, pick up some party hats for our girls' birthday, take the dogs for a long walk, take part in noon mass, and enjoy a latte from Atomic.

Happy Friday, friends! And happy weekend, too!

1 comment:

suziq32 said...

Congrats on the new gig! Enjoy your new venture! It's amazing where this past year has brought us. In some ways, it has been challenging and in other ways, it has been so wonderful. Hope to see you soon! :)