Monday, April 23, 2007

Movin' on Up

Breanna started crawling - official good crawls - not the sort of half-baked crawling she was doing for the last month. Friday night, she showed off her moves, and is now pretty awesome. Not one to be out-done, Lillian has started pulling herself up from sitting to standing, and holds on to the coffee table, the outside of the exersaucer, whatever. She just loves to stand up, and is taking little tiny steps as she goes.


Needless to say, our weekend was busy. My DH was gone all day on Saturday, and I was on the go all day, playing with the girls - and completely beat by dinnertime. When he came home, he asked if I wanted to rent a movie, and I bailed out. I just wanted to climb into bed.


We still didn't get the second crib up, but at least we rearranged the baby bedroom to make room for it. And the new mattress pad and bedding are on. Now we need to actually make time to put it all together. If it's not one thing...


After the exhausting weekend of parenting, I let DH take Breanna in for her 1-year checkup. It's a week and half early, but we figured we'd get it in while we can. Lillian goes in for her appointment on Wednesday. I'll let you know how it goes. Fully clothed, Breanna weighed in at a whopping 20 pounds and is 28 inches long. How is that even possible? And she's perfectly healthy! Just remembering back to how little and red she was at birth, I have no doubt that God has blessed us with incredible abundance.


No comments: