Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I win.

I win the un-popularity contest this week. I was the most-hated person in my office today. Most likely I'll retain that title for a while.

When Bishop offered me this job, one of the last questions he posed during the interview was how thick my skin is. I reassured him it's pretty tough, but not inpenetrable. He smiled gently and said I'd have some struggles to clean up before I could make any real progress. Over the past week, the clarity to that conversation has rung out loudly.

I've been struggling with sleep issues since last week, when I realized I need to be a tough boss for the good of my employer. It's so very draining.

I'm keeping everything as professional as possible, and am praying for peace , as well as some business solutions as we face continued belt tightening and higher expectations. I'm praying for guidance to find the most effective ways to serve in this communications ministry.

I can't believe it's only Wednesday. With DH in Fargo most of this week, I'm fried physically, emotionally, and spiritually. I can hardly wait til he returns tomorrow night and can hold me in a long, tight hug.

In the meantime, I guess I'll finish up documenting my HR meeting notes, then clean up the kids' mess from supper, clean up the bathroom after the splash-fest, get to my glass of wine that I poured three hours ago, and then hopefully just crash for a few hours in a row. If you have any extra energy vibes, please send them my way this week. I'm always happy to reciprocate when I have an abundance.

2 comments:

Gloria Ives said...

What Gives me Energy is to focus on my breath.
Even if Just for a few minutes on your lunch break.

Just to observe the "being" end of things for a moment
and then when you return to the other part of your existence
you have something to remind yourself,
of what's really happening:
fresh clean air rolling gently over the top of your lip, and into your nostrils,
where it circulates and nourishes,
if only for a brief moment
before tickling the windpipe
and then entering the lungs
and the abdomen,
and ultimately making its way down,
eventually, to your feet,
which are planted firmly on the ground,
rooted,
so that when the wind in fact blows,
you can gently sway from side to side, from front to back, perhaps
And the breath in fact has nourished your limbs, so that they readily bend, and can take that occasional strong wind that blows
and deflect its girth back into the earth
where it's recycled
into energy anew
energy for growth of something new

Sweet Mary Sunshine said...

Thank you for your generous poetic words. I will refer to your comment frequently when the going gets tough. Thank you, thank you, thank you!