Wednesday, May 09, 2007

What a year!

My babies turned one! What a rush! You know what that means - we survived! Our big healthy girls had a fabulous birthday celebration and as parents, we spent a lot of time reflecting. On their actual birthday last week, the babies were tuckered out after a festive day at Grandma Becky's (daycare). So we fed them their favorites- mashed potatoes and peaches (not mixed - ewww!) Then off to bed they went. And DH and I spent an hour on the deck, enjoying the last two "It's a Girl" cigars, reminiscing. What a year!

We survived a big birthday weekend, complete with cake and balloons and a houseful of party guests. With the prep work for the party, stroller rides after work now that it's finally nice out, shopping for DH's birthday (and his dad's and his brother's, too) and now this week, the chaos continues. I just realized that the number of Tauruses in my life is way off balance.

Anyway, I've been trying to get to a pro-bono newsletter that I put together only twice a year for TEC, and my goodness, I haven't been able to get to it for a whole month! And I have all the materials! And yet here I sit, typing away. I figure that after a whole week of not posting, I'd better put something up here before my family gets anxious.

I hope that this weekend will be nice and mellow so I can dedicate just a few hours to getting that newsletter to the printer. And getting my house back in order. Thankfully, my DH understands the connection with the wonderful TEC program and the need to donate some time to it. Since we've been too busy to work at any of their retreats this past year, this is the least I can do. But what was I thinking? At this point, I might just have to hire a college kid to do it cheap.

Watch for birthday pictures coming soon!

No comments: