Sunday, May 20, 2007

Never Enough


I feel like life is passing me by right now. I love spending time with my girls, and yet, it seems like just as the weekend starts, they're going to bed on Sunday night. I saw a picture another MOM posted on her website recently - her boys were finger paining and blowing bubbles on the deck. My first thought was why haven't I thought of finger painting? Oh yeah, because it takes time to shop for paints, to secure an area for the mess, to find clothes to become "play clothes" and then the cleanup. We always seem to be in such a rush that those fun things don't get done. Although this weekend, we did go out for supper with my sis and her hubby and the babies got to sit at the table and eat big-people food with us. That in itself was fun for all of us!


On the other hand, I really like the work I do and sometimes get in the zone and could write through an all-nighter or two. And yet, I must force myself to work just 40 hours a week. I haven't always had the luxury of doing work that I love, and now that I have it again, I just want to eat it up. I even dream about it. And yet if I did get into my old work style, I'd miss out on everything else.


On yet another hand (yes, I am a mother of multiples, thus, I have many hands), it's been ages since my hubby and I went out on a real date. In fact, I know that the last time we danced was in December at a wedding. For a girl with salsa music in her soul, that's a really long stretch. Oh, do I miss dressing up and flirting with him.


On the fourth hand, I miss my out of town girlfriends. A lot. Dear readers, take note. I want you to come visit sometime soon. We could even go to the lake if you want. What's even worse - I miss my in-town friends. There's no excuse for how long it's been - we're shouting distance away. And yet, months fly by. Let's kick the social season into high gear! Barbecue anyone?


And then on the fifth hand, this house. We're trying to get it ready to sell so we can move into our new place later this year. Our plan for now is to sell this one, move into an apartment for a few months, and then settle into the new house once it's totally done. That way we won't be trying to manage two crawlers/walkers in a construction zone. I've been trying to get through the basement storage closet to make a "Good Will" pile and darn it - there's just never enough time. Will we ever get out of here?


One unnamed, childless friend (who doesn't read my blog) mentioned last week that I should just hire babysittters in the evenings and weekends for a couple weeks to get caught up with everything. I laughed until I realized that she seriously thought that would be a great option. Let's just hope that one day if she becomes a parent, she'll get it. In the meantime, I'm going to keep enjoying every moment I get with my kids and my DH, and let the rest fill in the cracks. After all, both girls are now standing and walking along the furniture - look out world!


G'night all. Have a great week!

1 comment:

Kelly Glennon said...

Hey girl! Yup, I still read your blog always to catch up on your world. And if you're reading mine, you probably know it's chaotic as well... yet, in a much different way. I'll be around in a couple of weekends (although I have pre-marital counseling all day Saturday). But, maybe Sunday or the weekends that follow that we'll be in the area we'll be able to get together... I MISS you!