Friday, October 06, 2006

O What A Night

Guess who slept all through the night, do da, do da.

BOTH of my babies slept ALL night long. For real. At five months, three days, they finally made it. I credit it to the little chat my sister had with them before she left last night. Yay for all of us!

In fact, I slept so many hours in a row that I woke up with a stiff neck - not used to being in the same spot for so long, I guess. It's totally worth it, though.

DW is out west hunting "pantelope." He and his pal went last year for the first time. At one point, his buddy commented that every time he hears the word antelope, it makes him think of panties. (Insert eye roll here.) Ever since, they've become pantelope in our world. DW is hunting with a bow and lost six arrows already yesterday. It sounds like they're having fun, and that's the main thing. Too much work and no play makes a crabby husband and an even crabbier wife.

Speaking of play, my family is coming to stay with the girls and me this weekend. I'm going to take them out to the lot that DW and I just bought. We're probably going to break ground in the next week or two, depending on when we finalize our construction loan.

I'm quite excited to see my folks. And I know they're really excited to see the babies, too. While I have in-house help, I'm finally going to get the girls' laundry put away, cut the dogs' toenails, and bake the almond scones that I've been trying to get done for almost two months now. Big plans, I know, but when you don't even get to do the basics during the week, the little things count.

P.S. On a side note, welcome to the newest member of the Baumann family. Congratulations, friends!

No comments: