Wednesday, October 25, 2006

First wedding

Last Saturday, we attended our first wedding as a family of four. And of course, we forgot to get pictures of all of us together until after the girls were sound asleep in their carseats. This wedding was in DH's hometown, and he knew quite a few people. Of course, I knew a total of four. Including the bride and groom and my husband. Still, it was a lot of fun.

This wedding had more babies there than I've ever seen before. DH's single pal, Aaron, was there too. (Actually, I consider him to be one of my pals, too.) He said he was horrified that there weren't any prospects there whatsoever- every woman either had babies or looked like she was about to have one.

I'd been worried about our girls causing a commotion and the last thing I'd want is to detract from someone's wedding. Surprisingly, it all went very well. We were the traveling freak show, once again, but what else is new?

At one point, a lady who worked at the reception hall came up and lifted the blankets off the girls to get a good look. I wasn't sure if DH knew her or not, so I didn't pull the babies away in horror and give her a sharp tongue lashing. I have a little spiel that I've memorized when it comes to rude strangers thinking it's ok to touch other people's kids. After all, a touch of the wrong germs and our little preemies could wind up in the hospital in a blink. Turns out, DH did know the woman, but doesn't particularly care for her. She's lucky.

Other than that, it really was a fun night. DH and I even got in a dance - the first one in a long, long time. Ahh, the little snippets of romance. What would I do without them? Probably cut off all my hair, stop painting my nails, and quit baking plain brownies just the way DH likes them all the time.

No comments: