Wednesday, June 06, 2007

13


13 teeth in our babies mouths combined at 13 months - can you believe it?


Here's a proof from a month ago (Lillian's on the left). Since then, Breanna's had her nose touched up and Lillian has filled out a little in the face. Now that I've trimmed Lillian's bangs a teensie bit to match Breanna's, holy cow! They look more and more alike each day!


We went to a surprise 30th birthday party for our old neighbor, Handsome Joe, last night. He was back in town visiting from Alaska for the week. What a fun time! Handsome Joe referred his parents to DH for some remodeling, and they've pretty much done the whole house now. They just love DH! They're putzy and tight with their money, but so nice. We had a great little "date" for a couple hours last night.


I can't really say what's in store these next few days - nothing is concrete except working during my working hours. In the background of the chaos of getting ready to sell the house, I've been obsessing over summer suits. Since Petite Sophisticate went out of business during my pregnancy, I didn't dare stock up - fearing the worst in post-pregnancy body problems. Oh how I wish I'd had the foresight. I seriously have nothing in the closet but black, gray, brown, red, burgundy, etc. No nice khaki suits. No cream. No white. Everything I could need for winter, and nothing fresh.


Yesterday was a pretty major meeting day for me, and so in every free moment during the past week, I've been scrounging for new suits. I'm SO very frustrated at the quality and dumb shapes out there. I did stumble across a few nice-fitting outfits at Talbots, but some were pretty frumpy and the rest weren't actual suits. They'd pair a salmon blazer with navy pants and a navy shell. Fine, but I wanted a full matching suit. No such luck.


Are there any others out there who are mourning the loss of Petite Sophisticate? I seriously don't know what I'm going to do. Luckily, we're heading to the Twin Cities later this month for a going-away party for a dear, dear friend, so I hope to get in at least a little shopping along the way. I just don't know where to even start. We'll see.


In the meantime, please keep your fingers crossed for me to either have a great growth spurt in my arms and torso or to stumble across a great designer who knows how to make nice petites (as in, suits for women under 60 - no elastic - nice lining in the pocketless pants - and classy buttons - what's with all this plastic junk out there anyway?).


OK - enough of my rant. We're over half-way through the week. Friends, please call if you want to get together this weekend. I'll be happy to grind up some good coffee, and add some Irish Cream if you wish. : ) I'm so delighted to report that I have no structure scheduled at this time. Yahoo!

No comments: