Thursday, December 28, 2006

On the mend? Hopefully soon...

I thought we were in the clear. But darn it anyway. Lillian didn't throw up any more through the night and both girls went to daycare. Yay! Unfortunately, Grandma Becky had her hands full at the end of the day when both girls threw up their last bottle. It looks like DH and I will be staying home in shifts tomorrow. Bummer.

Now that we're home from our travels, I hope to get the girls back to a routine so we can go back to getting some sleep. Though it was only about a week of sleeping all night the week before Christmas, boy, was it nice. We're all due to catch up.

We've decided to stay home this weekend (and a great number of following weekends) to try to find some normalcy. I'm really looking forward to it.

During the holidays, we were able to spend some time with some very special friends and family. While we all enjoyed it, I think our little family of four will also enjoy getting back into our comfortable little schedule. Wish us luck!

3 comments:

suziq32 said...

You have a very beautiful family!!! The holiday pictures of your girls in the pink santa hats are so cute! And the individual shots are so precious! I love the expressions!

I'm so sorry to hear that you have the flu bug at your house. I hate that when kids get sick, especially the little ones!
We've had the flu twice this year with our twins and it's no picnic. At least, the flu usually runs it's course quickly and you should be out of the woods soon. Let me know if you need anything... even if it's just moral support! Thinking of you and talk to you soon! Suzi

Anonymous said...

I, too, am sorry about all of the sickness for you, Dan and the babies. Some people don't think it's a big deal but it is. We missed seeing your folks on New Year's Eve but we understand. Have a recuperative week and see you soon. Love, Wayne and viv

Sweet Mary Sunshine said...

Thanks for your compassion. What a week! I think I need a vacation from my life. (Just to get caught up on sleep!)