Thursday, November 16, 2006

Hoodlums

Here they are, my sweet hooded babies. My dear mother snapped these pictures of the babies on Saturday morning while I was at the writers' conference. I'm glad she was so handy with the camera. The girls were especially happy on Saturday - probably a combination of time with grandma and the coziness of polar fleece.

Once again, another week has blurred by. The babies' teeth are bound to appear soon, and then maybe we'll start sleeping all night long. I'm crossing my fingers. And toes.


Now that I don't have the health of babies to worry about so much, I finally had some highlights put into my hair. Considering I didn't make it out into the sun this summer (what summer?) I didn't get any of the natural highlighting that I need to keep me looking healthy.
While I was pregnant, I didn't expose myself to any unnecessary chemicals, so the bottom line is that I'm long overdue for some hair fun. It feels great to have decent looking hair again! I needed to do something - not just because it was so unhighlighted, but because I've lost about half of my hair since having the girls. It hasn't been super noticeable to others, but my DH and I are completely grossed out by all the loose hair strands in our house. I've been vacuuming like crazy and it is still disgusting. All I have to say is what next? I had no idea that having babies would wreak such havoc on my body - especially six months later still! Will I ever get back to being myself?
Oh well, it's still all worth it. Even if I never get my blink back and wind up bald and eternally exhausted, it's so very worth it. Breanna and Lillian are becoming so interactive - with me and with each other. It's so exciting to have conversations with them and to watch them "play" with one another. They are sweet and cuddly and I can't help but just love them more and more each day.
My DH and I were marvelling just tonight about how much we are still in love with each other even though we're so overtired and have no lives outside of babies. We determined that part of our love for each other is enhanced by sharing our children, by knowing that it took our spouse to create our babies, to have made them just as wonderful as they are. We are so very blessed.
Have a terrific weekend, my friends. And remember to give credit where it is deserved. We can't do everything ourselves.

No comments: