Thursday, July 15, 2010

Bring on the Brown

Not just the sand. Not just the s'mores. Nor my eyes. Nor my hair. And certainly not just my moles. But almost all of my skin is a little darker after spending a full July week at the lake. Hooray! I went into the week with three goals:

- Enjoy some time on an air mattress
- Give my mom nice-looking toenails
- Write two articles

Articles are still undone, but oh well. Next week I'll find an evening and wrap them up. The interviews are done and I've mentally written them already so it won't take long. The week really was terrific - spent with my folks and my sister and her family, and even some time with our dear friends, Clif and Clancy.

Because this vacation was the first time I've taken more than 2 days off of work in a row since the twins arrived (I think - it's been a blurry four years), I didn't know quite how I'd handle it. Thankfully, I didn't spend much time worrying - it was wonderful. Mellow. Slow. Casual. Sunny. And full of laughter and tanlines (finally!).

Here are a few of the highlights captured in pictures.

No comments: