Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Ba-ack

Hi, friends. Hi, blog lurkers. Hi, darlings. It's been a while and I've missed you. Well, not so much your comments, which are few and far between, but your presence. (Yep, I'm a nerd who uses analytics to see who's reading and when.) More than your lurking, however, I've missed writing.

So, what's to write about? Well, what's not to? We've been driving all over the place doing all kinds of stuff and completely ignoring the mundane. We took the kids to their first baseball game, first street dance, and first Canadian fishing trip (all in the last few weeks). We've hosted numerous wonderful guests at our home, popped a bunch of bonfire Jiffy Pop, eaten way too many s'mores, whipped up a couple batches of super-strong dandelion wine, met some new friends, and a pile of other summer fun.

The most exciting (to me, anyway) is that I'm officially taking a vacation - meaning more than two days off of work in a row - and not for recovery of any ailment. We are going camping for the holiday weekend and then spending the week at my folks' cabin. I'll still have wifi so I won't go through total withdrawal, but I will not be opening any emails from work unless it's absolutely urgent. Yay! I'm positively giddy as I'm planning a menu and making game plans for poor-weather days. This is FUN!

What's everyone else up to these days? Fourth of July plans? Happy summer, folks!

1 comment:

Barbs said...

YAY! I'm glad you are back. I'm also a google analytic nerd, so I can relate. Have fun on your vacay. We might be camping this weekend too. :)