Thursday, February 05, 2009

Looking Forward

Tomorrow may seem like just another Friday, but something special will be happening in my life. Nothing huge or momentous, but special nonetheless.

My mom is coming to town and meeting with a very dear, very long-time friend, who is driving up from the Twin Cities. After some shopping and lunching, they're going to pick up my girls from daycare and take them on a field trip to Bounce Depot. And then we're all going to meet up at our house for dinner and a visit.

Like I said, nothing huge, but something to really look forward to nonetheless.

In the meantime, my assistant quit today, so instead of taking the day off and joining my mom and her friend in the daytime festivities, I'll be holding down the fort and making sure all my ducks are in a row as I make my game plan for moving ahead.

As I write this tonight, my sweet DH is painting the walls and ceilings in our basement. This is a milestone step for me, as it likely is for most homeowners and not builders. Soon, we'll get the trim up and the cabinets in and the flooring laid and then ta daa! We'll be able to finish moving into the other half of our house. I love being married to a man with an abundance of ambition and talent.

Have a fantastico weekend, my friends!

No comments: