Tuesday, February 03, 2009

As it flies







Everything is flying these days - from staticky hair to helicopters overhead to shooting stars to the winter season. And it's all flying quickly, it seems.

I've been trying to find just 10 minutes to write for over a week now and here I finally sit. The bigger the twins become, the more they fight staying in bed. Last night, we had a battle of wills with Breanna and she ultimately won, not hitting the sack for good until after midnight. I sat watch outside her room. Just telling her to lay back down a dozen times wasn't working, nor was the threat of having to sleep in the crib, nor being placed in the crib, nor spankings, nor anything else. I think she just finally was ready to crash. When we have multiple nights like that in a row, there's no time for laundry, dishes, and other basic stuff, much less time to blog.

May this stage end quickly so I can get something done before midnight again.
After our flurry of doctor and dentist visits last month, the novelty has not worn off. Each week we hear several requests to go to the doctor or the dentist. And when the twins saw their pediatrician at church on Sunday, they literally squealed. On top of all that, each time they find something round, such as a suction cup, they "listen to the heart." Here's Lillian listening to her heart in the tub, using the froggie toy holder that suctions to the side of the tub.
Nothing too much is new with Grant except that he's walking all over the place and nearing a year. No, I still haven't figured out how we're going to celebrate. I have to get with the program ASAP. He's still the smiliest kid in the universe.

Amidst all the kid chaos, my DH has continued to work on finishing our basement. The wall guys textured today, so that's a good sign. He has some spiffy things in the hopper, I guess, and I'm really excited to see what creative things he does to make it "ours." I'm so ready to settle in I can taste it!

I can also taste the idea of accomplishing some stuff at work. I've had a ton of proposals out to my boss, our chancellor. But as you can imagine, with the Catholic church, everything moves sssssooooooooo slowly. On Friday, we talked for a bit and he acknowledged that I'm earning some trust as the young whippersnapper (not his real words, but words I have heard from our vice chancellor - ugh). I get to move ahead with a few changes that will impact the way I operate and I really hope to get a few more approved shortly. I have hope. And I have great colleagues who keep me grounded and lend me patience when my hope runs thin, so that helps a ton.

All in all, I feel very blessed. I'm living the most unglamorous life, but it is so very rewarding. Even if it means I'm always exhausted and looking whipped. And driving a green minivan. I really wouldn't trade much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can hardly wait to see you all this weekend! Am getting so excited! Love you bunches!