Sunday, January 11, 2009

Knock it over

As the noisiness was getting louder and the naughtiness getting naughtier, Lillian declared, "Mana, knock it over." After a few more iterations, we realized she was telling Breanna to knock it off. The weekend was full of doozies like that. The twins are realizing the relationship between names and titles, and so I was called Rebecca Mommy a lot this weekend, as well. There were others that I meant to write down, but darn it - I've lost them - hopefully not forever. Since I'm not a baby book kind of gal, this is it. And I'm failing my kiddos in documentation. :(

All weekend long, Grant was walking all over the place, and now that he knows he gets a big reaction, he puts on quite a show. He is still the smiliest kid I've ever seen.

After naptime this afternoon, the girls and I went skating on the pond. It was beautiful out! Breanna was in heaven, laying down and picking up ice shards in her mouth and doing some belly flops into the snowbanks, where she could gobble fresh snow galore. Lillian just wanted to sit on mommy's hip while we would step, step, glide, step, step, glide. The shrill giggle she let loose when we started to spin was fantastic! This pond has been just wonderful! DH and Grant came down to say hi at the very end of our adventure.

It felt great to spend a weekend at home. Even though I traveled to a small writers conference in Fergus Falls for a few hours on Saturday, the main thing is that we didn't have to pack or unpack anything. While our Christmas decor is officially put way now, the snowmen are appropriately still keeping us company. Sounds like we might be seeing a blizzard come our way this week, so that's always kind of fun.

DH has really been going to town on finishing our basement. I was suprised to walk downstairs on Friday and see the fireplace in place - it's really cute. I can hardly wait until we can truly finish unpacking and get settled in already. I just keep reminding myself that I've made it this long, and the end is in sight. No need to freak out. Much, anyway.

By the way, here are some fun photos. Lillian was helping Papa 'tebe shave and Grant was enjoying his bon bon at my folks' place in the woods. The girls also LOVE to climb into the double sinks in our guest bathroom and play with their tiny dollies. The day this photo was taken they were in there for a full hour.

No comments: