Friday, November 21, 2008

A Saturday without a Schedule

Tomorrow, DH and the twins are heading to my folks' house. DH will leave the girls with Gramma Pamma and then he's going to spend the day trimming out my cousin's nearby cabin. Baby Grant and I will have the whole day to ourselves to bond and visit while I unpack.

What will be unpacked is up for debate - my practical and whimsical selves are dueling right now. While I really should be looking for the rest of the missing baby bottles before Grant grows out of them completely, as well as Breanna's pretty winter coat and my own hats and mittens and ice scrapers and forks and pantyhose and all the other stuff I could really use right about now, what I really want to do is bring in the boxes of Christmas stuff and get a headstart while the girls are out of my hair.

I'll give the report after I've had the day to enjoy. You have no idea how excited I am to brew up some coffee, turn on the tunes, fold some laundry, and just hang out with Baby Grant. He's super fun still - now standing on his own and growing braver and stronger by the moment. His looks are changing as the teeth come in, but he's cute as ever and still the smiliest kid in the universe. He's started scrunching up his nose so high I think it goes straight into his forehead. Off to bed I go so I can have lots of energy to enjoy the day!

Happy weekend!

1 comment:

Sweet Mary Sunshine said...

Well, the joke's on me. Once the girls were all bundled and ready to walk out the door this morning, Lillian puked all over the place (including all over me). Breanna went with Daddy and Lillian and Grant and I stayed home. We accomplished a lot in terms of bonding and rocking and singing, but certainly nothing in terms of unpacking. The stinker didn't even nap for me. Oh well, at least she feels better after the barf-fest. She even smiled and chatted more than normal today.