Tuesday, August 25, 2009

My cousin's inspiration

I have a pretty cool cousin out in Washington. Even though I haven't seen her in person in at least a decade, probably more, I know she's cool because we've connected through Facebook/blogs in the last couple years. We've even visited on the phone and hit it off famously.

She recently started a blog that simply states things she's grateful for that day. Simple, but beautiful. Now I'm inspired.

I've been struggling with trying to figure out the relevance of Twitter in my life, and this might just be the connection I've been searching for. I haven't been drawn to tweet in the least, but I kind of feel like I need to use the technology just for the sake of understanding it. Aghghghgh - the pressures of being a communications consultant. This might be my ticket, though. Do-able and not much of a chore at all.

Thanks, Barbie. Wish me luck! Today, I am grateful for your inspiration.

2 comments:

Jodi Schwen: aka, Jacqueline Pine Savage @jackypine said...

I love seeing how our friends/family can be reconnected through social media. I found a friend in NM that I thought I'd lost for ever!

Barbs said...

What a great way to use Twitter! Thanks so much, this really made my day!