Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Cravings!

It seems like the more you don't or can't have of something, the more you crave it. That's always the case when I reach the bottom of a can of black olives. Or when the alarm clock goes off.

Today, I crave the free time to bake. Something almondy with some cherry or chocolate. But, alas, instead I must be strict with my freetime. I'll have to settle for a Bliss dark chocolate square with my coffee. I brewed a half pot of decaf this morning instead of my usual single cup. It's just that kind of day.

Master Grant is recovering from the longest-lasting cold of all time (at least it seems so). He also is recovering from an ear infection. And yet, he's still the smileyest baby I've ever known. The girls are recovering from a long weekend and what appears to be an out-of-routine sleep schedule.

And I'm still just trying to find a place to live come just a few short weeks from now.
Now back to the grind I go. Happy bake day!

2 comments:

Gloria Ives said...

lets hear it for black olives sister!
But, the question is,
do you,
can you,
wear one on each finger?

Sweet Mary Sunshine said...

Is there any other way? At age 31, I still receive a can of black olives in the toe of my Christmas stocking each year.

The day I first saw my twins discover the great way to enjoy olives, I knew for certain they were my kiddos.

I have since started shopping for strawberries that are small enough to core and wear, as well.